[ Обновленные темы · Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 7
  • «
  • »
Форум » Сайт и форум » We Are Robin Hood » Robin Hood Weeks Challenge
Robin Hood Weeks Challenge
Swan Дата: Суббота, 01.10.11, 15:58 | Сообщение # 21
The Harpy
Пыльная легенда
Награды: 4
Rieke, believe it or not... but it appears that the majority of people have chosen the last episode as well)
Schmetterling Дата: Суббота, 01.10.11, 22:56 | Сообщение # 22
Team Handsome Club
Чёрный рыцарь
Замечания:
Награды: 2
Rieke, thanks for voting! The Finale was great, with a grain of sault that the show is over, but def great in turms of plots and twists. On the main boards the 13th episode is also among the leaders.

Damon’s Eyebrows: Wiggle, waggle, swerve, rise, fall, shake. © First Novels Club
Rieke Дата: Воскресенье, 02.10.11, 15:11 | Сообщение # 23
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Oh, so my choice wasn't so odd after all then? wink Phew!
Dominanta Дата: Воскресенье, 02.10.11, 16:41 | Сообщение # 24
Друг Шервуда
Замечания:
This week discussion (it really was very difficult to choose!) is over, and our members' Favorite Episode in Season Three has become episode №13 "Something Worth Fighting For, part 2" (7 votes).

The results from RH group in Vkontakte.ru: 14 people voted for "Something Worth Fighting For, part 2" (what a unanimity!), №10 "Bad Blood" got 11 votes episode. Episode №6 "Do You Love Me?" got 5 votes and the third place accordingly. The following episodes also might have become the winners: №1 "Total Eclipse" (3 votes), №7 "Too Hot To Handle", №9 "A Dangerous Deal" and №11 "The Enemy of My Enemy" (2 votes each). And by 1 vote each were noted episodes №3 "Lost In Translation", №8 "The King is Dead, Long Live the King" and №12 "Something Worth Fighting For, part 1".

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream (Edgar Allan Poe).
Совпадение - это когда Бог желает остаться анонимным.

Сообщение отредактировал Dominanta - Воскресенье, 02.10.11, 16:43
Rieke Дата: Воскресенье, 02.10.11, 17:12 | Сообщение # 25
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
YAY! Good choice! biggrin
Dominanta Дата: Понедельник, 03.10.11, 09:44 | Сообщение # 26
Друг Шервуда
Замечания:
This week we have a very interesting discussion - The Least Interesting Episode (in all three seasons). So, which episode was the most boring, insipid etc.? What moments you dislike in the show?

Rieke Дата: Понедельник, 03.10.11, 12:04 | Сообщение # 27
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
As much as I love the show, there are a couple of moments I dislike. Obviously the death of Robin, Marian and Allan (yes, in spite of the fact I chose those two episodes that include their death as my favourites, I could have done very well without their demise).

However, the episode that made the least sense to me was "Bad Blood".

Now, by asking this question (least interesting episode), you kind of asked for a rant, so here it comes:
IMHO this episode is rubbish from start to finish (bare the first minute perhaps because it does start quite interesting). With this episodes *very close to the end of the entire show* they contradict themselves and everything they have told us in the 30 odd episodes before – even in that very same season! In episode 101 when Robin and Guy meet for the first time, they obviously don't know each other. But "Bad Blood" tells us they grew up together? What?!?!

And when Robin first meets Isabella he doesn't know her either and is surprised Guy is her brother. Now, if I was Robin and grew up with someone called Isabella and would see her again 20 years later, then no matter how much she has changed (let's just assume she did NOT have plastic surgery in the meantime), I'd know it's her when I hear her name *at the latest*. Well, at the VERY latest when I learn that she is Guy's sister. Nothing like that happened, Robin and Isabella even snog a couple of times, not mentioning the fact that they know each other since childhood, so I assumed that by the time the first episode with Isabella was written, the idea of them knowing each other had not occurred to the writers either.

Young Robin is an absolute prat, and to say that these experiences back then made him the man he is today is a very lame excuse for an weird storyline IMHO. Then again, his father is a prat, too, so at least we know where that behaviour comes from (more about Malcome in a bit). What the writers wanted was to come up with a reason why Robin and Guy would get over there differences (which were absolutely justified considering Guy killed Robin's betrothed/wife) and search for the man who should replace them both in the next season that thankfully never came. This was probably the most untalented way to do it, because they deemed their entire audience stupid, which in turn makes me furious.

Robin and Marian shippers are annoyed the writers made Robin forget about Marian much to easily. And Robin's "He (Guy) showed no remorse for what he did to Marian" was only a brief side note in an argument settled much too easily, although it should have been the major plot of this episode. After all this episode was all about Robin and Guy getting over their hatred for each other and team up in their battle against evil. Again, a missed opportunity here, because this argument could have been one of the best dialogues of the entire show if only they had put more thoughts into it. However, the way the writers dealt with it is just rubbish.

Malcome is revolting, to use Much's words. First he voluntarily gives away his infant son, then he abandons his teenage son and leaves him behind with the burden of becoming an Earl and caring for his people – knowing that the bailiff is after his lands – only to search for the infant he so freely gave away. And then he has the nerve to come back 20 years later to ask for Robin's help to straighten out his wayward son (Archer) and get him out of trouble. I mean... Seriously?! I would have kicked his behind and told him to go to hell. In fact it was Guy who said the right thing: "I have no desire to see you again". Yeah, me neither. Besides, the way he manipulates Guy's mother into abandoning her husband it not very chivalrous, is it?

Right... now that was more than 3-4 sentences to explain my choice. Sorry for that. wink

Сообщение отредактировал Rieke - Понедельник, 03.10.11, 20:54
Dominanta Дата: Среда, 05.10.11, 01:02 | Сообщение # 28
Друг Шервуда
Замечания:
Rieke, very unusual point of view, thanks (by the way, for someone this episode is the favourite one biggrin ). As it came out, we choose one least interesting episode in each season. So, would you also please write (may be again in wide review biggrin ) about two episodes in season one and two which affected you the least? smile

Rieke Дата: Среда, 05.10.11, 01:45 | Сообщение # 29
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Quote (Dominanta)
by the way, for someone this episode is the favourite one

Oh, that's all right. I guess it depends on what you are expecting of the show and who is your favourite character, etc. I'd like to point out that this was just my personal opinion and I don't wanna offend anyone who likes it.

Right, will think of the other two least interesting shows, but probably not tonight. Will come back to you soon with more rants. wink
Schmetterling Дата: Среда, 05.10.11, 15:17 | Сообщение # 30
Team Handsome Club
Чёрный рыцарь
Замечания:
Rieke, you know, I wish we had more flashbacks episodes ( but with consistent storyline, of cause) I mean I'd like to know how Sheriff and Gisborne met, something about Sheriffs family other than that he had a sister, the Marian/Robin pre-crusade flahback will be nice too. Ypu don't have to make it as a whole episode, maybe just the memories of the characters from time to time. That's why I personally probably liked that episode in terms of pre-history.
On the other hand, I do I agree that Gisborne and Robin bonding over some relative they never heard of before and Malcolm being the worst dad ever...probably the writers should have thought about it better.

PS thanks for voting and you have more time till the end of the week to choose 2 more episodes. Looking forward to reading your thoughts. smile

Damon’s Eyebrows: Wiggle, waggle, swerve, rise, fall, shake. © First Novels Club

Сообщение отредактировал Schmetterling - Среда, 05.10.11, 15:19
Rieke Дата: Среда, 05.10.11, 20:14 | Сообщение # 31
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Quote (Schmetterling)
Rieke, you know, I wish we had more flashbacks episodes ( but with consistent storyline, of cause) I mean I'd like to know how Sheriff and Gisborne met, something about Sheriffs family other than that he had a sister, the Marian/Robin pre-crusade flahback will be nice too.

Oh, I totally agree, I would have looooved to have more flashbacks and hear more about everyones past. No doubt about that! (In fact, that's why I wrote a whole 300 pages long, rather epic fanfiction that's full of backflashs and backstories. ROFL.) However, I just wish they had put more thoughts into this episode instead of just making up a weird and not very believable story in order to introduce Archer.

Now, for season 2 I am going to make another unpopular vote: 210 Walkabout. Unlike my choice for S3 I actually like most of this episode. What I don't like is Marian's behaviour towards Guy. Make up your mind, girl! Either you love Robin, then stay away from Guy, or you want to redeem Guy (though I don't know why. He's old enough to decide for himself what kind of person he wants to be, so if he decided to be Vaisey's dogsbody, then so be it and don't moan about it), then don't wonder if Robin is jealous. (And yes, I know this episode was one of the more popular here in the S2 vote. Again sorry, and I don't mean to offend anyone with my comments!).

As for season 1 I think I'll vote for 111 Dead man walking. Apart from a nice Robin and Marian scene in her chamber when Robin waits behind the tapestry, I thought the episode was rather boring. I didn't like Little Little John (I wanna be your friend – I don't wanna be your friend, because my mom says so – I'm your friend again, because I am selfish and you are big and strong and will save me) and I didn't like Alice either (she didn't even *try* to listen or understand. If she had known John at all, she would have known he is a good man and certainly had his reasons for not telling them he was still alive. Instead, she runs off with the next best bowyer).
leahday Дата: Четверг, 06.10.11, 17:24 | Сообщение # 32
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Ohhh ... I loved ep 9 the most. It showed Isabella's feminist side and I was so scared of Thornton. And Meg and Guy! I'll always be a marian and Guy shipper or MAG shipper first but Meg and Guy were great. I almost felt like a romantic when she died in his arms.

Least favourite. Ep 2 because it put me off Guy for a very long time.

Loving, Allan, PJ, Guy, Meg, Vasey, Kate, Isabella and Marian

[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj192/leahrday/GIFS/True%20Blood%20GIFS/Gifs-021.gif[/IMG]
Schmetterling Дата: Пятница, 07.10.11, 09:48 | Сообщение # 33
Team Handsome Club
Чёрный рыцарь
Замечания:
Quote (Rieke)
Now, for season 2 I am going to make another unpopular vote: 210 Walkabout. Unlike my choice for S3 I actually like most of this episode. What I don't like is Marian's behaviour towards Guy. Make up your mind, girl! Either you love Robin, then stay away from Guy, or you want to redeem Guy (though I don't know why. He's old enough to decide for himself what kind of person he wants to be, so if he decided to be Vaisey's dogsbody, then so be it and don't moan about it), then don't wonder if Robin is jealous. (And yes, I know this episode was one of the more popular here in the S2 vote. Again sorry, and I don't mean to offend anyone with my comments!).

Tastes differ, it's OK! smile Marian..I do think she was very young to undertand fully the consequences of her actions towards Guy and Robin. She just didn't have enough expirience to deal with that kind of relationships, poor girl!
Quote (Rieke)
As for season 1 I think I'll vote for 111 Dead man walking. Apart from a nice Robin and Marian scene in her chamber when Robin waits behind the tapestry, I thought the episode was rather boring. I didn't like Little Little John (I wanna be your friend – I don't wanna be your friend, because my mom says so – I'm your friend again, because I am selfish and you are big and strong and will save me) and I didn't like Alice either (she didn't even *try* to listen or understand. If she had known John at all, she would have known he is a good man and certainly had his reasons for not telling them he was still alive. Instead, she runs off with the next best bowyer)

Yep. agreed! This episode was not very intertaining...
Thanks for voting, Rieke smile The results will be up on Sunday.

Quote (leahday)
Least favourite. Ep 2 because it put me off Guy for a very long time.

Hye, Leah! You mean second episode in S3? We are aiming to choose 3 episodes, one from each season. smile

leahday Дата: Суббота, 08.10.11, 09:23 | Сообщение # 34
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Hmmm. It gets tricky, lol. Ep 2 was really the only ep I didn't like .... hmmm. Ok ....Ep 12 from S1 because of the way Robin pushes Marian around GRRRR !!!! I nearly yelled at my telly smile For S2 ... ep 4 because there wasn't enough Guy and Marian steaminess

[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj192/leahrday/GIFS/True%20Blood%20GIFS/Gifs-021.gif[/IMG]
Dominanta Дата: Суббота, 08.10.11, 11:43 | Сообщение # 35
Друг Шервуда
Замечания:
Quote (leahday)
because there wasn't enough Guy and Marian steaminess
You mean the way she send him away and the closed door? Yes, Marian had done it, thinking about poor people in the town, but it was rather rough, I think. On the other hand, if she had let Gisborne in, he wouldn't be pleased to see her going to help Hood.

leahday Дата: Суббота, 08.10.11, 17:24 | Сообщение # 36
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
True, but I think the amazing Mazza would have thought up a good excuse smile

As for the S1 ep 12 bit. I should clarify that what made me angry with Robin was how he seemed to boss Marian around. Yes, Guy did a lot of horrible things but the way Robin treats Marian in the series makes my blood boil.

ok, cranky rant over, lol!

Rieke Дата: Суббота, 08.10.11, 18:11 | Сообщение # 37
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Quote (leahday)
but the way Robin treats Marian in the series makes my blood boil.

Does it?! Why?!
leahday Дата: Воскресенье, 09.10.11, 06:51 | Сообщение # 38
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
I don't want to offend anyone, but personally I see Robin as more of a controlling bully then Guy. Plus I've never liked Jonas as Robin. He made me angry nearly all the time.

Dominanta Дата: Воскресенье, 09.10.11, 15:25 | Сообщение # 39
Друг Шервуда
Замечания:
Thanks to all for interesting discussion! The voting is closed.

Dominanta Дата: Понедельник, 10.10.11, 01:14 | Сообщение # 40
Друг Шервуда
Замечания:
So, the 8th week of our project is over, and here are results: in season one the least interesting episode is №6 "The Taxman Cometh" (4 votes), in season two - №4 "The Angel of Death" (with 5 votes) and in season three - episodes №6 "The Sins of the Father" and №10 "Bad Blood" (3 votes each).
In RH group on vkontakte.ru 5 people voted for episode №12 in season two "A Good Day To Die".

Keep taking part in the project! These week there will be no discussion or voting, because this is Happy Birthday, Robin Hood! week! Write poetry, make fanart or fanvids - pay tribute to our dear Robin! Hooray!

Форум » Сайт и форум » We Are Robin Hood » Robin Hood Weeks Challenge
  • Страница 2 из 7
  • «
  • »
Поиск: