[ Обновленные темы · Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 7
  • »
Форум » Сайт и форум » We Are Robin Hood » Robin Hood Weeks Challenge
Robin Hood Weeks Challenge
Dominanta Дата: Понедельник, 19.09.11, 03:04 | Сообщение # 1
Друг Шервуда
Замечания:

Robin Hood Weeks Challenge

Dear friends! It’s good that Sherwoodforest board has truly become international. There are so many interesting threads and discussions, but sometimes it’s hard to overcome the language barrier for those who doesn't speak Russian.
A month ago the project “30 Weeks of Robin Hood” started. In threads each week forum’s members choose the best of the best in different categories – “Favorite Male Character”, “Favorite Female Character”, “Favorite Episode in Season One”, and etc. We would like our foreign friends to join fun in English section, so they don’t have to use Google translate and fear misunderstanding.
Rules are simple: each week a new poll is announced, the voting itself involves reasoning about choice (3-4 or more sentences). During the week (till 12 o’clock at Sunday) you can post your thoughts and share opinions with others. Creativity is welcome!

Here are all polls that are to be discussed:

Favorite Episode in Season Two
Favorite Episode in Season Three
The Least Interesting Episode
Happy Birthday, Robin Hood! (celebrating Robin Hood’s birhtday)
Funny Scene
Sad Scene
Favorite Quote
Horrifying Moment
Best Friends
Best Couple
Best Series Soundtrack/Musical Theme
Favorite Actor in TV Series
Favorite Actress in TV Series
The Most Spectacular Negative Character
Storyline for a New RH Episode (if the show wasn’t shut down)
Storyline for a RH Character (if the show wasn’t shut down)
The Character You’re Most Resemble (in character)
Things in RH You Like Most (for example, soundtrack, storylines…)
Things in RH That Irritate You (unhistorical, costumes…)
The Most Interesting Storyline
Things You’d Like to See Happen in RH
Things You Wouldn’t Like To See Happen in RH (but they happened)
Characters You’d Like To Be a Couple (but they weren’t together in the show)
Favorite Season
Premier or Final?

Feel free to ask any questions about the project!

This week the poll “Favorite Episode in Season Two” is open. What episode was the most interesting, exciting and profound in season 2? Look List of Episodes and Season 2 Gallery.
Share your thoughts till Sunday!

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream (Edgar Allan Poe).
Совпадение - это когда Бог желает остаться анонимным.

Сообщение отредактировал Dominanta - Понедельник, 19.09.11, 08:45
Rieke Дата: Понедельник, 19.09.11, 19:49 | Сообщение # 2
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
So... where are we going to discuss it then? Here in this thread?
Swan Дата: Понедельник, 19.09.11, 21:35 | Сообщение # 3
The Harpy
Пыльная легенда
Награды: 4
Rieke, exactly)
Rieke Дата: Понедельник, 19.09.11, 23:27 | Сообщение # 4
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Right then. Personally I couldn't possibly pick just ONE episode. LOL In fact I have more than one favorite episode – for several reasons.

First of all there is For England. I love Winchester. He's so subtly evil and sly. But more than that I love Robin in this episode; the letter, the battle with Allan over the boiling pitch, and Robin's frustration when Marian rides off with Gisborne. But even more than Robin I love Much in this episode. LOL Bless him!

Then there is Get Carter. Well. Basically love it because of Carter. LOL I am quite obsessed with blonde men, I admit. But I seriously love the Robin/Carter relationship. Good chemistry there and quite funny.

Next there is National Treasure (Edit: I think it's called Treasure of the nation, sorry). I already mentioned this in the vote for best female supporting actress: I love Queen Mum. The first 10 times I watched the episode, I laughed for 40 minutes straight, from the moment Much fell onto his "sword" until the end when Eleanor pinches Little John in the butt.

But if I have to pic a favourite episode, I have to pick (and I am slightly cheating here because it is not just ONE episode) the 90 minutes seasons finale. I felt with Much during his outburst and wept with Robin during his monologue in the barn (yeah, I know, silly me!) and during the wedding vows in the desert and certainly during the death scene in the end. But despite the tragic ending it's one of my favourite episodes ever (of all seasons) and the favourite of season 2. Strangely.

Сообщение отредактировал Rieke - Вторник, 20.09.11, 01:04
Swan Дата: Понедельник, 19.09.11, 23:37 | Сообщение # 5
The Harpy
Пыльная легенда
Quote (Rieke)
Personally I couldn't possibly pick just ONE episode

it's quite a problem for Russian community of our forum))))
at this stage, episode 10 leads)
Rieke Дата: Вторник, 20.09.11, 01:10 | Сообщение # 6
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
LOL yeah, I guessed that my choice would be rather odd and probably even unpopular... guess you have to be really hardboiled to like episode 213, eh?
Swan Дата: Вторник, 20.09.11, 09:50 | Сообщение # 7
The Harpy
Пыльная легенда
Quote (Rieke)
guess you have to be really hardboiled to like episode 213, eh?

well, if I were Robin/Marian fan...)
of course, most of people like ep.10 because of Gis/Mar scene. my preference is for Sheriff who demonstrates great will to get his belonging back. outlaws and bad guys become good teamplayers when they realise how easily their town can be destroyed.
Schmetterling Дата: Вторник, 20.09.11, 20:56 | Сообщение # 8
Team Handsome Club
Чёрный рыцарь
Замечания:
Награды: 2
Quote (Rieke)
Personally I couldn't possibly pick just ONE episode. LOL In fact I have more than one favorite episode – for several reasons.

I always say that's why is called a challenge biggrin Season 2 was jam-packed with twists and turns, till the very end kept us on edge.
Quote (Rieke)
But if I have to pic a favourite episode, I have to pick (and I am slightly cheating here because it is not just ONE episode) the 90 minutes seasons finale. I felt with Much during his outburst and wept with Robin during his monologue in the barn (yeah, I know, silly me!) and during the wedding vows in the desert and certainly during the death scene in the end. But despite the tragic ending it's one of my favourite episodes ever (of all seasons) and the favourite of season 2. Strangely.

I think it was one of the best season finals not only for RH, but among other TV shows I've been watching ( and I watch a lot biggrin ) Srly, every plot line has an end, non of the characters left unnoticed, and the superb acting of cause. The final couple of minutes ( with Gis stabbing Marian and Marian and Robin farwell) Richard, Jonas and Lucy rocked it of the park! You could almost feel the pain their characters are going through.

BTW, I'll add your vote to the total votes in the russian section, so your vote also influence the outcome of the general voting this week smile

Damon’s Eyebrows: Wiggle, waggle, swerve, rise, fall, shake. © First Novels Club
Swan Дата: Четверг, 22.09.11, 14:29 | Сообщение # 9
The Harpy
Пыльная легенда
So far. episode 10 leads and rocks)
leahday Дата: Пятница, 23.09.11, 06:34 | Сообщение # 10
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
I'd have to say "Treasure of the nation" It wa one of the best MAG "Marian, Allan and Guy" episodes and it showed how Guy truly loved Marian and how she was begining to love him as well and see the good in him. And those kisses and hugs! So good!

Loving, Allan, PJ, Guy, Meg, Vasey, Kate, Isabella and Marian

[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj192/leahrday/GIFS/True%20Blood%20GIFS/Gifs-021.gif[/IMG]
Schmetterling Дата: Пятница, 23.09.11, 13:30 | Сообщение # 11
Team Handsome Club
Чёрный рыцарь
Замечания:
Quote (leahday)
I'd have to say "Treasure of the nation" It wa one of the best MAG "Marian, Allan and Guy" episodes and it showed how Guy truly loved Marian and how she was begining to love him as well and see the good in him. And those kisses and hugs! So good!

Hey, Lea! Will count your vote with the final votes on Sunday.
This episode was ;so very funny. all the stuff with the Queen and Little John biggrin

Damon’s Eyebrows: Wiggle, waggle, swerve, rise, fall, shake. © First Novels Club
Dominanta Дата: Пятница, 23.09.11, 20:22 | Сообщение # 12
Друг Шервуда
Замечания:
Quote (Schmetterling)
all the stuff with the Queen and Little John

And also Indiana Jones-style adventure story - truly brilliant biggrin

Сообщение отредактировал Dominanta - Пятница, 23.09.11, 20:24
leahday Дата: Воскресенье, 25.09.11, 10:14 | Сообщение # 13
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Quote (Schmetterling)
Hey, Lea! Will count your vote with the final votes on Sunday.
This episode was ;so very funny. all the stuff with the Queen and Little John

That's true!

Loving, Allan, PJ, Guy, Meg, Vasey, Kate, Isabella and Marian

[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj192/leahrday/GIFS/True%20Blood%20GIFS/Gifs-021.gif[/IMG]
Dominanta Дата: Воскресенье, 25.09.11, 12:07 | Сообщение # 14
Друг Шервуда
Замечания:
Thanks to all for sharing your thoughts. The voting is closed. After all votes are counted, we'll post the results (although I think it's clear what episode has won biggrin ).

Dominanta Дата: Воскресенье, 25.09.11, 19:40 | Сообщение # 15
Друг Шервуда
Замечания:
So, the winner is... (*opens the envelop*). The winner is 10th episode "Walkabout" (10 votes). Also episodes №11 "Treasure of the Nation" (3 votes and the 2nd place), №2 "The Booby and the Beast", №8 "Get Carter!" and №9 "Lardner's Ring" (2 votes each and all 3 episodes for the 3rd place) were noted by forum members. Episodes №1 "Sisterhood", №6 "For England...!" and №13 "We Are Robin Hood!" got one vote each.
In social network Vkontakte.ru (something like Facebook) in RH Fan Group, where the other voting was held, the winners are:
№13 "We Are Robin Hood!" (9 votes and the 1st place), №2 "The Booby and the Beast" and №9 "Lardner's Ring" (6 votes each and the 2nd place). Also this episodes were mentioned: №8 "Get Carter!" (5 votes), №1 "Sisterhood", №6 "For England...!", №10 "Walkabout" and №11 "Treasure of the Nation" (4 votes each). Two people voted for "The Angel of Death" (4th episode) and two votes went to "A Good Day to Die" (12th episode). №7 episode "Show Me the Money" got one vote.

The next voting is coming soon!

Сообщение отредактировал Dominanta - Воскресенье, 25.09.11, 21:34
Dominanta Дата: Понедельник, 26.09.11, 01:38 | Сообщение # 16
Друг Шервуда
Замечания:
The new week - the new poll. This time the voting is for "Favorite Episode in Season Three".
The last season in our favorite TV show. New characters and storylines. Great changes and unexpected surprises. Which episode was the best in your opinion?
Visit Season Three Gallery and look List of Episodes

Сообщение отредактировал Dominanta - Понедельник, 26.09.11, 01:40
Nikki081 Дата: Четверг, 29.09.11, 15:51 | Сообщение # 17
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
I 'd vote for episode 1 of Series 3. I haven't actually re-watched Robin Hood since it ended (yes Rieke I know and i call myself a fan ;p LOL ) But I did like the aftermath of Marian's death on Robin, his pure rage at the start of the episode towards Gisborne, and how eventually he said goodbye to her by burying her ring.

For pure selfish reasons and total fangirl moment: i also like this episode cause of the shirtless scenes. Jonas really made me go Phwoar at the screen hahaha =)
Swan Дата: Четверг, 29.09.11, 16:46 | Сообщение # 18
The Harpy
Пыльная легенда
Quote (Nikki081)
I 'd vote for episode 1 of Series 3

good choice) I liked Much very much))) his and John's tricks with sheriff)
Schmetterling Дата: Пятница, 30.09.11, 13:32 | Сообщение # 19
Team Handsome Club
Чёрный рыцарь
Замечания:
Quote (Nikki081)
I 'd vote for episode 1 of Series 3. I haven't actually re-watched Robin Hood since it ended (yes Rieke I know and i call myself a fan ;p LOL ) But I did like the aftermath of Marian's death on Robin, his pure rage at the start of the episode towards Gisborne, and how eventually he said goodbye to her by burying her ring.

That was a very sweet scene indeed happy

Rieke Дата: Суббота, 01.10.11, 14:20 | Сообщение # 20
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Again, I don't have just one episode I like, so here is my top... dunno. Top 5 or so.

Like Nikki, I like episode 301, mostly because of the many emotions Robin is dragged through. I love it when he is just mad in the beginning, or when he realises what Robin Hood stands for and that he can not just ignore his "duties" towards his people. And of course when he buries the ring.

I love episode 306 because of a hilariously megalomanic Prince John and the Sheriff and Guy's attempts to kill each other, and because Robin's cheekiness when kissing Isabella. LOL.

I love episode 307 because after many episodes in which one almost thought Robin had forgotten Marian way too quickly, it finally because clear he had only buried the memory of her deep inside in order to move on, but she was still very much with him.

As it happens, I have seen the last 4 episodes of S3 only yesterday with a friend, so they are still very vivid in my memory.
I love episode 311 because of the Robin/Guy interaction. Being a Robin/Marian shipper I don't agree with the way the story went in S3, but I have to admit that the Robin/Guy combination made me laugh out loud. Jonas and Richard did have quite a good chemistry on screen and it's a bit unfortunate that Marian's death lingered over the Robin/Guy relationship. Otherwise, I could have gone along with a whole series of Robin/Guy interaction. The mix of trust and misstrust is just great.

My favourite episode however (and I am cheating once again, as it is again a two part episode) is "Something worth fighting for". Again an odd choice considering the amount of death toll in this episode, but I love that things finally got closure. The Sheriff of Nottingham defeated, Robin reunited with Marian (if only in his hallucination)... So at least on paper that's how it's supposed to be in the end, though I would have preferred a much more alive Robin and Marian enjoying their future together. Lots of action in this episode and - as my friend put it yesterday - the whole episode(s) were very well choreographed. And no matter how often I have seen this episode now (must be about 50 times) it still deeply touches me.
Форум » Сайт и форум » We Are Robin Hood » Robin Hood Weeks Challenge
  • Страница 1 из 7
  • »
Поиск: