[ Обновленные темы · Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 3 из 3
  • «
Форум » Сайт и форум » We Are Robin Hood » Hello from Germany!
Hello from Germany!
Swan Дата: Вторник, 13.09.11, 10:00 | Сообщение # 41
The Harpy
Пыльная легенда
Награды: 4
Quote (Rieke)
Neuschwanstein kind of translates into New Swansteen, I'd guess

correct) I've learnt to pronounce it but no progress in writing in English or German)
Nikki081 Дата: Вторник, 13.09.11, 11:41 | Сообщение # 42
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:

(spelling?)

German spelling is a challenge

LMAO *squeaky voice ON* No it isn't! *Squeaky voice off*

Yes it is sometimes very challenging I agree with Swan! tongue
Sorry Rieke!

Ludwig is such a tragic figure, wasn't he the cousin of 'Sissi' ?
Swan Дата: Вторник, 13.09.11, 11:49 | Сообщение # 43
The Harpy
Пыльная легенда
Quote (Nikki081)
Yes it is sometimes very challenging I agree with Swan! tongue
Sorry Rieke!

Nothing personal, of course) I can onl imagine what you would say about Ukrainian or Russian)
Quote (Nikki081)
Ludwig is such a tragic figure, wasn't he the cousin of 'Sissi' ?

yes, he was. in fact he was her cousin, or nephew, or uncle. you never know with those Habsburger and their relatives)))
Rieke Дата: Пятница, 16.09.11, 13:37 | Сообщение # 44
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Quote (Swan)
Nothing personal, of course) I can onl imagine what you would say about Ukrainian or Russian

LOL I know! Whenever I try to pronounce words like "particularly" in English, my tongue just isn't made for it. And I bet it would be even worse with Russian as we are so not used to hear it, let alone speak. So I perfectly understand that you'd have the same problems the other way around. wink

Quote (Swan)
QUOTE ( Nikki081 )
Ludwig is such a tragic figure, wasn't he the cousin of 'Sissi'?

yes, he was. in fact he was her cousin, or nephew, or uncle. you never know with those Habsburger and their relatives)))

They were cousins, yes. And so were Sissi and her husband Franz Joseph (their mothers were sisters). Technically Sissi was not Habsburg (that was Franz, the Emperor) but a Wittelsbach. – Remember Count Friedrich from episode 202? wink A distant ancestor, I guess. LOL
Rieke Дата: Пятница, 16.09.11, 14:11 | Сообщение # 45
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Oh and I'd like to add something about Google Translator (I mentioned in another thread I use Google to translate the Russian into English): I have been to Castle Rising during my trip through England last months. They offered me a leaflet in German which obviously had been translated from English into German using an online translation website. The text on the leaflet made absolutely no sense at all. ROFLMAO. It was only when I read the English version that I finally understood what the text was about. Since then, I know I have to be very VERY careful with online translators. That's why i rather stick to this English section of the board instead of actively participating in any Russian discussion, because the risk something has been translated wrongly and will ultimately lead to a huge missunderstanding is just too dangerous. sad
Swan Дата: Воскресенье, 18.09.11, 11:53 | Сообщение # 46
The Harpy
Пыльная легенда
Quote (Rieke)
That's why i rather stick to this English section of the board instead of actively participating in any Russian discussion, because the risk something has been translated wrongly and will ultimately lead to a huge missunderstanding is just too dangerous.

don't be afraid. we are adequate here (I guess biggrin )
Форум » Сайт и форум » We Are Robin Hood » Hello from Germany!
  • Страница 3 из 3
  • «
Поиск: