[ Обновленные темы · Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Обо всем » Наше творчество » Drawing of Jonas Armstrong by Rieke
Drawing of Jonas Armstrong by Rieke
Rieke Дата: Понедельник, 05.09.11, 23:13 | Сообщение # 1
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Okay, hope this is the fanart section of the board... if not, please feel free to move this post to wherever it belongs.

Due to a couple of requests to post one of my drawings...

here is the drawing I used for my avi.
Gisborne Дата: Вторник, 06.09.11, 08:16 | Сообщение # 2
Ветеран
Замечания:
Награды: 8
Rieke, it's really great! surprised As for myself, I can't draw by hatching, so I think you deed a great job smile I like his skin tone and glitter in his eyes. And stubble! It's always hard to draw it. And also I totally like ornament on his shirt. It makes it look very life-like.
Quote (Rieke)
Due to a couple of requests to post one of my drawings...

Not one tongue Now I want to see more biggrin
Dominanta Дата: Вторник, 06.09.11, 20:40 | Сообщение # 3
Друг Шервуда
Замечания:
Rieke, thanks for posting it! I like your style (as I'm crazy about pencil scatches and drawings biggrin ). Hope you'll post more JA fanart smile

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream (Edgar Allan Poe).
Совпадение - это когда Бог желает остаться анонимным.
Rieke Дата: Вторник, 06.09.11, 20:41 | Сообщение # 4
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Aw, thank you. smile Strangely I think it's exactly the hatching that makes my drawing look... I don't know. Less professional? I use a very coarse paper, too, which doesn't make it better I guess. I never really learned how to draw portraits. I drew portraits until I was 14 or so, then stopped for a couple of years and only started again 2 or so years ago. The above picture is my 6. drawing since I started again, but gradually I start to improve.

Quote (Gisborne)
Not one Now I want to see more

Okay, so one more drawing then. The enclosed drawing is my 2. drawing after the long break. You might notice it was drawn before I gave ANY attention to the hair. I hate drawing hair (drawing the stubble on the other hand - or chest hair for that matter - is really fun and I enjoy it very much. LOL)

Just to mention: I used to post the high res versions of my drawings on a public part of my website. But Google grabbed them and spread them all over the internet. Since I am rather self-conscious about my work and don't want it to appear far and wide without me having control over it (and being able to take it down if I feel it's rubbish), the high res versions of my drawings, calendars and stuff are only available on the fanart section of the German Jonas Armstrong forum. Apologies for only posting relatively small images anywhere else.
Rieke Дата: Вторник, 06.09.11, 20:42 | Сообщение # 5
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Quote (Dominanta)
Rieke, thanks for posting it! I like your style (as I'm crazy about pencil scatches and drawings ). Hope you'll post more JA fanart

Thanks! smile

LOL already did so while you wrote your last post. wink
Vera Дата: Вторник, 06.09.11, 20:49 | Сообщение # 6
Little John/ Much Miller
Друг Шервуда
Замечания:
Rieke, it's great! cool love
Sheriff Дата: Вторник, 06.09.11, 20:52 | Сообщение # 7
Лысый, полный и коварный
Пыльная легенда
Награды: 4
Wow!
Sehr schöne Bilder!

However, the Duke will die before these eyes and he'll know, he'll know, that it is I, Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, who encompasses his doom!

Rieke Дата: Вторник, 06.09.11, 21:08 | Сообщение # 8
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
*starting to blush now* thank you!
Gisborne Дата: Среда, 07.09.11, 18:51 | Сообщение # 9
Ветеран
Замечания:
Quote (Rieke)
Strangely I think it's exactly the hatching that makes my drawing look... I don't know. Less professional?

Oh no. I think quite the contrary. Hatching is the way how all the professionals draw. I am always shading, what is totally unprofessional, lol.
Quote (Rieke)
I never really learned how to draw portraits. I drew portraits until I was 14 or so, then stopped for a couple of years and only started again 2 or so years ago. The above picture is my 6. drawing since I started again, but gradually I start to improve.

And did you study in some art class or it's your gift from birth? smile
Quote (Rieke)
You might notice it was drawn before I gave ANY attention to the hair. I hate drawing hair

Yeah! Drawing hair is an awful thing tongue It's always hard to make it look like hair and not like some wisp of bast, lol.
Quote (Rieke)
drawing the stubble on the other hand - or chest hair for that matter - is really fun and I enjoy it very much. LOL

But if the stubble is very short it's very tiresome to draw it.
Rieke, this drawing is wonderful! You conveyed expression on his face so well and his gaze. And I like how much attention you've paid to his clothes.
Rieke Дата: Среда, 07.09.11, 20:03 | Сообщение # 10
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Quote (Gisborne)
Hatching is the way how all the professionals draw.

Is it? I honestly wouldn't know. And to answer another of your question (about whether I took lessons) while talking about this: I am a graphic/web designer. I chose this profession because I did have some sort of talent (from birth) or so my teachers thought when they sent me to that graphic design school. But being together with so many talented people I realised that my talent is *nothing* compared to that of some of my former classmates. I guess that's why I am still so unsure about my own work.

However, if you think that I would be able to draw since I am a graphic designer: quite the opposite is true. The reason why I stopped drawing for so many years if because they actually made us "unlearn" drawing freely like in portraits. Graphic designe turned out to be a very technical matter with not much room for the fine art.

Сообщение отредактировал Rieke - Среда, 07.09.11, 20:14
Rieke Дата: Среда, 07.09.11, 20:16 | Сообщение # 11
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Sorry, pressed the wrong button. Wasn't quite done with answering your post. wink

What about you? Have you had any drawing classes?

Quote (Gisborne)
It's always hard to make it look like hair and not like some wisp of bast, lol.

ROFLMAO yeah, so true about the "wisp of bast". I find it utterly boring to draw hair and it takes most of the time I need for a drawing. I am down from 5 to 2 days for a drawing now, and still I need one day for the hair alone. ARGH!

I think it is very important to get the eyes right (so they look alive and sparkling). At first I was really unhappy with the latest Jonas Armstrong drawing, because the eyes were all wrong. I spent another day just working at the eyes. I am still not totally satisfied, but it is much better now (see image of original version / final version / first version)

Gisborne Дата: Среда, 07.09.11, 22:01 | Сообщение # 12
Ветеран
Замечания:
Quote (Rieke)
Is it? I honestly wouldn't know.

Yeah. The University where I am studying has an architectural faculty. And all the drawings which students make here are drawn in hatching.
Quote (Rieke)
I am a graphic/web designer

That must be interesting.
Quote (Rieke)
I chose this profession because I did have some sort of talent (from birth) or so my teachers thought when they sent me to that graphic design school. But being together with so many talented people I realised that my talent is *nothing* compared to that of some of my former classmates. I guess that's why I am still so unsure about my own work.

That's a pity sad I think you have a great talent. Don't stop drawing now wink
Quote (Rieke)
Graphic designe turned out to be a very technical matter with not much room for the fine art.

I always wished that one day I'll learn how to work in photoshop, but at the same time I thought that I don't want to as it may have a bad effect on my drawing skills, that I may give up drawing. Maybe I was right...
Quote (Rieke)
What about you? Have you had any drawing classes?

No, I've never visit any art classes or learned how to draw. I just always liked to draw, but not people actually. It was only 6 years ago then I started sometimes sketching portraits. But from generation to generation there always were painters in our family. So maybe drawing skills are just something what I've got by heredity wink biggrin
Quote (Rieke)
I find it utterly boring to draw hair and it takes most of the time I need for a drawing. I am down from 5 to 2 days for a drawing now, and still I need one day for the hair alone. ARGH!

Yup, it takes a lot of time to draw hair. The first layer looks to light. Then you do it darker and pick up the light. And then the third darkest layer and it still doesn't look right, guh
Quote (Rieke)
I am still not totally satisfied, but it is much better now (see image of original version / final version / first version)

On the last one they look more realistic. I think the better way to make eyes look good is to highlight contrast between dark and light parts, and make glitter in eyes as bright as possible.
Rieke Дата: Среда, 07.09.11, 22:53 | Сообщение # 13
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
Quote (Gisborne)
That must be interesting.

Nope. It isn't. LOL

Quote (Gisborne)
Don't stop drawing now

Well, the fact that I can see my drawings improve is encouraging, so I will continue and see where it leads me.

Quote (Gisborne)
But from generation to generation there always were painters in our family. So maybe drawing skills are just something what I've got by heredity

That's great! smile

Quote (Gisborne)
I always wished that one day I'll learn how to work in photoshop, but at the same time I thought that I don't want to as it may have a bad effect on my drawing skills, that I may give up drawing. Maybe I was right...

Oh, generally I highly recommend Photoshop. It's such a powerful tool. It just depends on what you do with it. I wouldn't draw with photoshop though. I'd always use it as a tool but never as a replacement for my pencils.

Obviously I spent a lot of time with photoshop on a professional basis. I don't like doing fanart with photoshop, though, because i spent all day manipulation images on a professional basis, so I don't need this in the evenings when I want to pursue my hobbies. I do however use it when I am drawings. The colored version of the first drawing I posted here (the one of my avatar) was colored with photoshop.

Quote (Gisborne)
The first layer looks to light. Then you do it darker and pick up the light. And then the third darkest layer and it still doesn't look right, guh

Yes, that's exactly what I think! smile
Swan Дата: Суббота, 10.09.11, 18:13 | Сообщение # 14
The Harpy
Пыльная легенда
Награды: 4
Rieke, awesome!
Rieke Дата: Суббота, 10.09.11, 18:25 | Сообщение # 15
Житель Шервуда
Замечания:
smile Thanks!
Форум » Обо всем » Наше творчество » Drawing of Jonas Armstrong by Rieke
  • Страница 1 из 1